We are committed to protecting the privacy of individuals when handling any personal information and will ensure we are compliant, as far as possible, with relevant data protection and privacy laws by adhering to the following principles:
• Be transparent about its collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
• Collect and use personal information fairly and lawfully.
• Only collect personal information that we require and only keep it for as long as is necessary.
• Keep personal information accurate and up to date.
• Respect the privacy rights of individuals granted by privacy laws.
• Keep personal information secure.
In following the principles outlined above Building Design Consultants will:
• Commit to keep abreast of all applicable data protection/privacy laws of the jurisdictions in which we operate.
• Take steps to ensure that all personnel are aware of our obligations under this Policy and follow our data protection procedures when handling the personal information of others.
• Maintain and follow suitable physical and electronic security procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect and issue guidance to staff explaining their data protection and security obligations.
• Ensure that when sharing personal information with third parties we do so only where necessary and seek assurances that the third party has adequate security procedures in place to protect such information.
• Follow clear processes for individuals to raise concerns about how the firm processes their personal information and for resolving any such concerns.
• Delete/destroy personal information no longer needed for its original business purpose in accordance with our retention and destruction policies and procedures, unless we have a legal obligation to retain personal information for a certain period.
What we collect:
Examples of Personal Data we may collect from you include, but is not limited to:
• First name and surname
• Contact telephone number(s)
• Contact email address
• Home or office address
• Job title
• Your organisation details
• Professional Qualifications
Basis for processing this data
|Performance of a contract
|Where we enter in to a contract for the provision of services, we may need to collect and process your personal data so that we can meet our contractual obligations and manage our projects effectively. This also applies to any pre-contract activity, such as providing a quote.
|Regulatory and legal obligations
|We may collect and process personal data to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations. For example where we are legally obliged to keep records of sales and any associated tax records.
|Legitimate commercial interests
|We may use personal data where such processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate commercial interests such as operating our business and defending any legal claims.
|Where we rely specifically on consent to collect and process non-mandatory personal data, you may subsequently withdraw your consent once it has been provided.
If any of the information you have provided to us becomes inaccurate of out of date, or if you have any queries about this privacy notice please contact Head office